Take a moment to watch the welcome video to TLCC2015:
The Tessitura Network is a company formed by the initial users of Tessitura Software. Their goal was to set up an open model, nonprofit technology and services company that avoided the pitfalls, disappointments, diversions and high fees experienced with traditional for-profit software companies.
The structure, services and products of the company benefit a global user community of arts and cultural organizations of all sizes.
The Mission-focused mandate includes:
- Support to meet the needs of the users.
- Software functions and technical capabilities at the forefront of the industry.
- Services and consulting to aid users in successful operations.
- Education and learning resources to prepare users for operations and to improve their knowledge and skills over time.
- Community and knowledge sharing without the typical vendor / customer friction and mistrust.
Governance of the company is via an elected Board of users within a not-for-profit corporation. This innovative structure is fueled by a self-funding, dues-based membership program that is supplemented by fairly-priced vital products and services. There is no profit motive in the Network. Fees, reserves and any contributed funding go directly and exclusively to the benefit of the member organizations.
Tessitura Network Core Values reflect what is truly important to us as an organization. These are not values that change, but rather they are the underpinning of the Network and represent the soul of the company:
- Collaboration – The Network reinforces collaboration, openness, mutual respect, discovery, and inspiration in all of its activities.
- Innovation – The Network is entrepreneurial and innovative. It engages in activities designed to anticipate and provide for the current and future business needs of its members while removing impediments to the successful fulfillment of their missions.
- Excellence – The Network encourages and nurtures an ecosystem that attracts the best people who create, enhance, evolve and support the best products and services.
- Egalitarianism – The Network is an organization where every member has equal access to services and benefits and in which members function both as its customers and owners.
- Community – The Network is a member-centric, community driven organization that fosters a trusted environment for member and staff involvement and participation.
Business Approach That Benefits the User Community
Arts and cultural organizations working together to enhance customer service and raise organizational productivity within the structure of a unique nonprofit cooperative business model. Efforts are guided and services are provided by a professional full-time staff.
- Core enterprise software offering is enhanced by user generated enhancements and priority setting. Development is carried out by a team of Network developers.
- Vital products and services are added based on user needs both directly by the company and via negotiated preferred third-party relationships.
- 24x7 Support provided by the company based on comprehensive support standards.
- Full time Network staff of highly experienced professionals globally placed to provide services.
- For fairness, annual dues that cover Network costs are apportioned based on size categories of member organizations.
- “Right-sized” structure with virtual-centric business model that keeps fixed overhead to a minimum.
- True “Network” approach with users sharing ideas and knowledge in a cooperative fashion with peers.
- Deployment of web-based support tools and services for efficient issue handling 24x7.
- Worldwide Tessitura Learning & Community Conference (in 2017, to be held in San Diego from August 7-11) inspires and educates users and fosters networking.
- Community resources to foster knowledge exchange and user interaction within an open environment.
- A focus on serving the arts and cultural market thus avoiding the distractions and diversions of sports and other commercial markets.
- Software version approach that ensures all users are on the same version at the same time thus ensuring the latest functionality is used and that support can be efficiently delivered.
- Alternative software deployment models to run Tessitura Software in-house or rely on Network-provided hosting service via RAMP (Remote Access Managed Plan).