Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know for a successful TLCC.
Code of Conduct
The Tessitura Network hosts the annual Tessitura Learning & Community Conference (TLCC) to enable its members to share knowledge and innovations in the field of arts and culture while receiving continuing education and building professional networks.
To provide all participants – members and other attendees, speakers, sponsors, and staff – the opportunity to benefit from the event, Tessitura is dedicated to a positive, safe, and harassment-free conference experience in which diverse participants may learn, network, and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, age, ethnicity, religion, or other group identity or political beliefs. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and hold that environment for the benefit of all. Harassment, therefore, is specifically prohibited.
Harassment is any verbal or non-verbal behavior that threatens another person or group and that reinforces social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and/or religion. Examples of harassing behavior include:
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language directed against another person.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
- Inappropriate photography or recording.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes sexualized comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following (online or in person).
- Sustained disruption of community events, including talks and presentations.
- Speakers are asked to frame discussions as openly and inclusively as possible and to be aware of how language or images may be perceived by others, especially given the international aspect of this community.
- Advocating for or encouraging any of the above behavior.
All participants are expected to observe these rules and behaviors in all conference venues including online forums and media and social events. The policy also applies to behavior at any sponsor events that may be held in conjunction with TLCC. Conference participants at TLCC seek to learn, network, and have fun. Please do so responsibly and with respect for the rights of others to do likewise. Participants who are asked to stop a hostile or harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify us as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event, and people like you make our event a better place. Reporting procedures are listed below.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging Heidi Pamplin, Conference Director at +1 (214) 735-9520 or Laura Bowden, VP of Administration at +1 (214) 708-5257. These phone numbers will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting us via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Local Emergency Contact Information
- McCormick Place West: Dial 6060 from any house phone or dial 312-791-6060 from any phone to reach the security team.
- Local Law Enforcement: 911 for emergencies Chicago Police Department Non-emergency # +1 (312) 746-6000.
More Coming Soon
Is that all?
No. We are busy working on more information to make TLCC2019 the best experience for you. Check back soon.
But wait, there's more!
Tessitura Learning & Community Conference is an annual global event for users of the Tessitura software. The heart of Tessitura is our community. Log in for full conference details.Log In Now